Hello, from Montreal Canada

Tell us about your interest in Taoism. How did you find the Tao and what it means to you? Are you a practitioner? What you hope to attain through your practice?

Moderator: laotan

Hello, from Montreal Canada

Postby BrianD108 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:52 am

I'm new to this forum. I have come to Taoism by way of Zen practice and find that the Tao resonates deeply within me. Much more than Zen for some reason. Don't get me wrong though, plenty of good stuff within Zen as well. I hope to deepen my understanding of Tao, and make some new friends along the way.( No pun intended ;) )

Re: Hello, from Montreal Canada

Postby laotan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:10 am

Welcome! Zen practice is as good as Tao is. Also zen took birth from Ch'an which is a combination of Buddhism and Taoism in China.

Postby shezi0733 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:28 pm

I like this forum, amazing and very informative,

Postby williamdemilio » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:27 pm

this is a most interesting observation.. it has been my experience that Zen is useful in it's measured pace..like the dog said "I always have time to play..it's always Now Now Now" :lol: ..to embrace each moment as precious one does not have time to anticipate future or past moments..without losing the one you have at present..so it is with the Tao in that all you need to maintain yourself in each moment is available if you focus on it..n'est pas?

Return to You and Taoism